Sunday, April 19, 2009

Banana Bread

I love the flavour of bananas but I can only eat them in things, for some reason I hate the feeling of biting into a banana with my front teeth. Bizarre, I know. But cut them up and put them on toast with peanut butter or in a cream pie and I love them! So obviously I'm a big fan of Banana Bread. One trick I learned which will actually make your banana bread sweeter is to obviously let them turn brown and them put them in the freezer to save until you are ready to make Banana Bread.

3 well ripen bananas (use 4 if they are frozen since they lose moisture)

2 eggs

2 cups flour

1/2 cup sugar

1 tsp salt

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp vanilla

3/4 chopped nuts (I like pecans but walnuts are good too)


Preheat oven to 350F. Prep a loaf pan or a bundt pan with Pam. Smash bananas and combine with well beaten eggs and vanilla. Add in sugar, salt and baking soda and stir well. Stir in flour 1/2 a cup at a time, then mix in nuts. Pour into pan and bake for 1 hour.


Remove from oven and cool on a rack. Once cool wrap will with cling wrap and it will stay fresh for 2 to 3 days. One great way to use old Banana Bread is to use it to make French Toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment